Magento is an open-source platform that allows you to build E-commerce websites. To manage their eCommerce websites, businesses need an advanced eCommerce platform such as Magento 2. Magento development allows you to create a fully functioning, feature-rich Magento store. Magento website designers and developers can assist businesses with all the details of building a Magento platform. They develop, maintain, and improve E-commerce websites for their clients. Developers are responsible for ensuring that security patches have been installed and that functionality is maintained. Developers also have to develop new modules and make any necessary front-end modifications.
Why Magento Developers in Demand – Magento Market Size and Stats
- Businesses that use Magento to manage their eCommerce businesses tend to grow by 3% more than their competitors.
- In the United States, 237,975 websites based on Magento were created in 2019.
- It accounts for around 1.2% of all web usage. Right now, Magento is used by over 250,000 dynamic websites.
- Around 400,000 business owners use Magento.
- Magento is the preferred choice for the top 1000 retailers, such as Adidas and Walmart. The net worth of these top retailers stands at around $51 billion.
- Magento ranks seventh in the list of most widely used CMS worldwide. Magento is ranked second in unadulterated Ecommerce CMS usage and 1.9% overall.
- Magento 2.3.2, the current version of Magento, was launched to the public in June 2019. However, the well-known Magento 1.x versions are still widely used. The Magento 2.3 version is the preferred choice for users of the older versions. According to reports, Magento will stop providing official support and updates for Magento 1.x starting June 2020.
Important Considerations to Hiring Dedicated Magento DevelopersStart by deciding why you are hiring Magento developers and which developers will be needed to build your eCommerce website. It is up to you to decide if the Magento development work for the project will require a dedicated resource or a freelance Magento designer. To get the best results, you need to understand the requirements. You will need someone with expertise in this field to help you develop an application or website. Be sure to have your references handy and begin the hiring process. Keep these points in mind.
Consider your RequirementsBefore you talk to or hire a Magento eCommerce developer, you must be clear about your requirements and project. You should first list your requirements and create a functional specification for the Magento store. You will need to review all Magento features to determine their suitability for your business model. Talking to Magento experts and developers is the best way to get your questions answered. These experts can help you to define the categories for your website. These are also important points to remember:
- Project customization required
- Magento development project stage
- What platform do you use?
- Project budget
Identify Your Business RequirementsYour business needs high uptime, speed, excellent customer service, and scalability. Consider your needs and choose a web host service with essential features. You'll then be able to hire a Magento developer who generates traffic.
Find Certified Magento DevelopersBoth large companies and small businesses use Magento extensively. Unqualified developers can sabotage projects and cost businesses a lot. Magento is a complex platform. You will only be able to see the dangers after many years of experience. You will need to have experience with the certification exam. Magento-certified developers are a quality assurance tool for businesses.
Check Reviews of DevelopersClutch, an independent B2B research firm, identifies the best Magento development companies and top developers who deliver results to their clients. Clutch reviews companies on a variety of qualitative and quantitative factors. These include client reviews, company experience, client lists, industry recognition, and market presence. Clutch reviews are verified, and you can contact someone who wrote a review about a developer to confirm their experience.
Search Experienced DevelopersIf the products displayed are related to previous encounters, 80% of customers will connect with the brand or E-commerce website. Look for a developer with experience in creating user-interactive websites and managing projects. Magento offers a variety of payment options and shipping options. Magento is an e-commerce platform that offers high security due to its private SSL certificate. Magento developers can address privacy concerns and provide safety and convenience for their customers.
Hire Developers Who Can Work with FlexibilityMagento developers will be needed to create flexible functions with pre-made extensions. They should be able to adapt to any need and create backend tools or extensions such as order automation, management, sales, shipping, product inventory, and product and order reporting. Users should find the experience simple.
Identify Their SkillsMagento developers need to be able to perform security audits to identify and fix any vulnerabilities on a website. This will protect your website from cyber threats and help the security system and web app system detect security gaps and loopholes. You can also avoid any downtime caused by attacks on your website by conducting a security audit promptly. Security audits can include testing for code errors, plugin problems, configurations, and business logic issues. A Magento security audit can help improve the website's health.
Find Developers who can Provide Data Security and Payment DeliveryData Transfer allows you to export and import data. This import and export data tool allows you to organize multiple records in one operation. Data Transfer is available to admins for import, deletion, replacement, or updating data. Magento store owners have the advantage of being able to integrate with many eCommerce payment portals. Ask developers if they can help you set up multiple payment gateways to suit your customers' preferences. If one gateway fails, you should consider creating fail-safe solutions.
Why Hiring Magento Developers is Beneficial for Businesses?Before we get to the benefits, let's look at why Magento developers are necessary for your store. There are many answers to this question, as there is no limit to the potential of what a Magento developer could do for your online shop. A Magento developer can help your online business success through his technical knowledge and expertise. A Magento developer is needed for customization, integration, design, and other tasks. If you answer yes to any of these questions, it is time to hire a Magento developer.
- Are you having trouble getting Magento to perform well?
- Do you have any problems with your day-to-day tasks and activities?
- Are your customers finding it difficult to order from your Magento store?
- Are you a fan of the Magento storefront's look and feel?
- Does your Magento store not have enough functionalities/features that it should have?
- Do you have an older version of Magento installed on your site?
Building Customized SolutionsMagento Commerce offers a flexible architecture that allows businesses to scale from just a few products and their basic needs to thousands of products and complex bespoke behavior without switching platforms. This allows you to adapt and accommodate your website's evolving needs. Check out this case study to learn how our developers helped a top fashion retailer build an eCommerce site for watches and handbags. They assisted them in migrating from Magento 1.x into Magento 2.x and designed a feature-rich website that would improve their website's security, productivity workflows, performance, workflows, media galleries, etc.
Building Responsive, Scalable WebsitesResponsive web design offers a great viewing experience on a variety of devices. Nestle Nespresso, part of the Nestle Group, has been using Magento since 2009. The Magento mobile site is stunning, intuitive, and user-friendly. This is all to enhance the shopping experience and increase conversion rates.
Site Support and MaintenanceIt is essential to keep your website updated and maintained regularly to make sure it runs at its maximum potential. Websites require regular maintenance, just like cars. Maintaining your website correctly will ensure security, increase traffic, and boost return visits.
Theme DesignDevelopers can create themes to modify or override view layer resources initially provided by libraries or modules. These themes are meant to be distributed in additional packages to Magento systems similar to other components. You can create a new theme with developers or inherit from an existing one.
Roles and Responsibilities of Magento DevelopersAs their name suggests, Magento developers are responsible for building and improving Magento eCommerce websites. Larger businesses often have a team that includes web designers and Magento developers to help them understand the platform. Overall, Magento developers can be split into two main categories:
- Front-end Magento Developers These developers create Magento themes that look great and are responsive to all devices.
- Backend Magento Developers These developers focus on the features and add code and extensions that support Magento.
- A strong knowledge of the Magento platform is essential for any Magento developer to build an eCommerce store.
- Problem-solving Magento developers are likely to face various design and programming issues, so it is essential to have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to solve unexpected problems.
- Custom CMS Magento Development: Experienced Magento developers will have the ability to develop custom CMS themes. Experienced developers will need to be able to customize CMS themes for their clients.
Skills needed for a Magento developer job title
- Experience in Magento Theme development (Magento 2 or Magento 1).
- PHP and MySQL are two languages that require experience.
- Expertise in module integration and payment gateways (tracking, emails).
- CMS Experience (WordPress and Magento).
- Multistore e-commerce is familiar to you: domain, language, etc.
- Be familiar with the lifecycle Magento development of online shops
- Experience with Vagrant deployment and configuration (Jenkins).
- Experience with version control software such as GIT and Subversion
- Other areas of expertise include SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Magento Developer Certification and other Magento certifications are a plus.
Certifications for Magento DevelopersTo improve their job prospects, Magento developers should consider acquiring several certifications. These are just a few:
- Magento Certified Developer (MCD)
- MCD+ - Magento Certified Developer Plus
- Magento Certified Front-end Developer
- Building Magento themes using designs from web designers
- Optimizing Magento performance
- Integration of Magento with eCommerce platforms, e.g., Payment gateways, accounting software
- Extensions and widget customization for an e-commerce shop