It all begins with your Instagram storefront. Instagram Shopping is a set of tools that allow users to browse and purchase your products via images and videos throughout the Instagram platform. 100+ million individuals tap on an Instagram shopping post each month, demonstrating how popular social buying is. Instagram shopping posts are a fantastic way for businesses to promote their catalog and increase sales.
What is Instagram Shopping?Instagram Shopping is an Instagram tool that enables companies to publish a digital catalog of their products on the social media platform. Every shop must understand the following terminology to market on Instagram: Customers can shop directly from your Instagram profile via Instagram Shop, a brand's fully customizable digital storefront. It is a landing page where visitors browse your products. Pictures, descriptions, pricing, and other details are all displayed on the Product Detail Pages. Any Instagram photos with the keyword "product" are available on the product detail page. For your audience to be able to click through to learn more or make a purchase, use a Shopping Tag to tag items from your catalog in your Stories, Reels, or Instagram posts. Products can also be tagged in post captions and bios using Instagram's limited Checkout feature. Customers can also buy a product they like inside Instagram with Checkout. Customers will be sent to a checkout page on the brand's eCommerce site for brands lacking Checkout capabilities.
Setting Up Instagram Shopping For Your AccountOnce Instagram Shopping is enabled, you can tag products in feed posts, stories, IGTV videos, Reels, and Live broadcasts. Additionally, customers can purchase your goods directly from the app if they have access to Instagram Checkout. Here's how to configure Instagram for shopping:
1. Make sure you're eligibleFor Instagram's buying features to work, there are certain prerequisites. This ensures that the app can only be used by legitimate shops and eCommerce companies. The following are some of the requirements:
- Your company must be located in a permitted market.
- Your company must adhere to Instagram's commerce guidelines and sell primarily physical things.
- You must have a business account on Instagram.
2. Change your account to one for a business (or a creator)You must convert to a Business account to create an Instagram Shop. Once you have a Business account, you can enter crucial details like your business's opening hours, address, phone number, and website link.
3. Connect to a Facebook pageThen, adhere to these instructions to connect your Instagram business account to a Facebook page:
- Visit the Instagram account for your company.
- "Edit profile" should be chosen
- Choose "Page" from the list of options under the "Public business information" section.
- Select The Page you want to connect.
- Select "Create a new Facebook Page" or select your page.
4. Take your product catalog onlineTo use Instagram Shop, you must have a product catalog, which compiles all your products, inventory, and descriptions. A product catalog can be linked to your Instagram business account in one of two ways:
- Using Facebook Business Manager's "do it yourself" option.
- Partner E-commerce Platform (Shopify, BigCommerce)
5. Account Submission for ReviewAfter linking a product catalog to your Instagram account, you must submit it for evaluation by doing the following:
- Visit the Instagram profile for your company and select the menu option.
- Choose "Settings."
- Sign up for the store
- To submit your account for review, follow the instructions.
6. Turn On ShoppingYou can enable shopping options as soon as your account has been approved.
- Go to the Instagram profile and on the menu.
- Choose "Settings."
- After selecting "Business," select "Shopping."
- Pick the "product catalog" you want to link to your account from the list.
- Choose "Done."