Custom software development is pretty much in vogue, no two ways about it! We are living in an era where the verge of new-edge specialization technologies and services has been deeply rooted. Now I am pretty sure you must be well-acquainted with recent technical progressions happening around the corner, and enterprise software development is one of them. Now many of you often come to me with this misconception that standard software development and enterprise software development are the same. Well, they are entirely different. Of course, both of them are of a kind and have been proven to be a great success but you see understanding their difference is extremely important. The following post focuses on how different is enterprise software development from standard software development. Let’s get started!
Everything to Know About Standard Software DevelopmentLet’s begin with the basics- A software development project is a set of series that are supposed to be executed by the experts to develop robust and scalable software or computing programs. The entire time where software is being developed is known as the software development lifecycle and within this cycle, small phases are taken into consideration such as planning, designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintenance and support. An SDLC is an international standard that is quite followed and praised by development companies all across the globe. After all, here you get a defined structure where all the teams are supposed to execute precisely. On and all, the main objective behind conducting a software development project is to come up with an intimidating product within a limited time and budget. As mentioned earlier there are 7 stages of a software development lifecycle. Stage 1 - Planning and analyzing Stage 2 - Requirements Stage 3 - Design and Prototyping Stage 4 - Software Development Stage 5 - Testing Stage 6 - Deployment Stage 7 - Maintenance and updates Some of the common examples of standard software include - media and games, planning tools, infection scanners, reporting and analysis tools, tax software, data tools, language learning apps, and so on.
Why Software Development is Important?If you are willing to run a successful business, then conducting a software development project has become important. Not to mention the advantage of doing so are many. For example, your business irrespective of its size and industry vertical could surpass its competitors easily. Some of the standard software development services include- web development, software application development, mobile app development, eCommerce solutions, financial apps, healthcare apps, Telecommunication, website designing and maintenance, CRM solutions and the list goes on! Apart from setting above competitors and receiving a plethora of services, software development can increase your business productivity and compel you to deliver feature-rich solutions in the market. This surely enhances your customer’s experience. Not to mention having scalable, robust software can guarantee a huge increase in revenue. Other benefits of investing in a software development project are:
- Quick Promotion - One of the obvious benefits of conducting a software development project is that your project speaks for your business. It’s like you are promoting your business to a great extent. Also, this makes your brand extremely visible. More and more people can reach you through computing systems or smartphones.
- Improves sales - With more visibility and promotion, sales are definitely going to increase. Also, not to mention having a platform where your customers can directly get in touch with you is a good sign.
- Compels the Customers to engage - As mentioned earlier, today everyone knows how to get things done virtually whether its ordering food or booking tickets, or buying any apparel and accessories, people are trending toward digital transformation, and software development is the only way through which your valued customers can get in touch with you in no time. Again results in increased brand awareness and sales.
Everything to Know About Enterprise Software DevelopmentFirst and foremost, what is enterprise software? Well, enterprise software is developed to take care of all the current and potential issues of an organization. Yes, unlike standard software development procedures, this software aren’t created for an individual, they ensure to serve the entire organization. Some of the popular examples of enterprise software include - client relationship management, enterprise asset management, business intelligence, enterprise resource planning, supply chain management, and treasury software. Much like standard software, even enterprise software development comprises different stages such as:
- Creating a blueprint
- Assessing Project Requirements
- Designing and Development
- Software Testing
- Maintenance and updates