Why should you Choose React JS for Web Development?Let us be clear, React JS is not a magic pill that is going to solve all your web development problems. However, it offers a unique blend of advantages that are hard to find. Let us see them one by one.
2. Huge libraries & a supportive ecosystemFacebook launched React JS as one of its first open-source projects in 2013. Thanks to its early launch and wide adoption, ReactJS now holds huge libraries and a supportive ecosystem. Moreover, Facebook has a separate team for React JS development and has made substantial investments to improve it. On Github, ReactJS has 178,00 stars and more than 1500+ open-source contributors. This eases the burden from the shoulders of the developers as they can refer to the libraries and consult developers in times of trouble. "Learn React Once and Write Everywhere" – says the React JS website and rightly so. The flexibility you get with React JS is simply unmatchable as you can use it to build various types of platforms. As it is a library and not a framework, it can be used to create many tools. These tools can be used to create static sites, dynamic sites, mobile apps, VR websites, and even desktop applications. Just awesome, isn't it?
3. Reusable ComponentsA piece of great news for all developers out there is that ReactJS allows you to create reusable components. As a result, the UI you create can be used in other parts of the code and other projects with little or no changes. When you combine the reusability and open source libraries, it becomes much easier to pre-build various components. All this results in reduced development time and faster delivery. For startups who want everything built yesterday, it is no less than a blessing.
5. Helps you learn to build React Native appsOnce you learn ReactJS, it becomes much easier for you to write native iOS and Android apps. Needless to say, you will need to write a different code for the web but you can implement the same methodology and architecture. That is because the main operational principles remain the same for both.
6. SEO FriendlyA website that isn't SEO-friendly is like Pizza without the cheese. Search engine results act as a major funnel to attract users and it is not possible to have it without an SEO-optimized website. With React JS, you do not need to put in extra effort for that. ReactJS – by default – ensures the readability of a site in search engines.
7. Easier & Faster TestingTesting React JS code is much more convenient compared to others as you do not need to have a conventional UI browser. You can easily test the components using the node command line. The command-line testing method is much faster and you can run test suites in a good amount. Moreover, ReactJS has many testing frameworks like Mocha, Jasmine, Tape, AVA, etc.
Keep These Things in Mind before Adopting to React JSWhether it’s life or web development, everything comes with a price. Let us catch up with philosophy some other day and stay focused on React JS for the moment. To get full advantage of the pros of React JS, there are a couple of challenges that you need to be prepared for. Let's have a look at them.
Speedy DevelopmentIn the last few years, the core API of React JS has gotten more stable but still, it is in a constant state of evolution, and that too at quite a pace. While these changes are for the ease of developers in the long run but can be frustrating at times as developers almost perpetually need to learn and adapt to changing things.
Poor DocumentationThe implication of the constant changes in React JS API means that it has to be backed by the latest documentation to help the developers. However, so much is the speed of the changes that the documentation has been lagging behind. This has resulted in developers creating documentation to use in their projects.
React JS is only UI FocusedMany times, developers need to be reminded that React JS covers only the UI part of the application and it cannot be applied to other layers of web development. It means that developers need to choose and work on other technologies even if they use React JS for UI. You would not get all the tools if you just use React JS for web development.
Where is React JS Used?React JS is such a platform that can be used almost for all types of applications. Thus, we would not be able to cover it all in a single article but will surely try to give an idea of the best things you can build using React JS. Below are the most frequent applications of React JS:
- Dashboards & data visualization tools
- Messaging apps
- Dynamic web applications
- Single Page Apps (SPAs)
- E-commerce websites
- Social Networking sites and apps
- Cross-platform native apps (using React Native)