Skills to Consider Before Hiring an iOS App Development Company or Developers
To hire an iOS app development company you need to consider many things like the experience of a developer team, their experience, expertise, known technologies, etc. Besides, you may also look for their domain proficiency, client feedback, and previous work that will back up your core understanding.
Given that, before selecting any development company it is way crucial to understand if the team ticks all the aforementioned metrics. To verify the same, you can carry out a detailed interview process to analyze the hard and soft skills of their development team.
a) Hard Skills
An iOS app developer might have worked on multiple domains such as transport, banking, healthcare, e-commerce, retail market, etc. which reflects they must possess great development skills. However, having diverse industry experience is in no way the key metric when it comes to judging the proficiency of an iOS app developer.
Below are some of the must-have hard skills that you can verify before hiring an iOS app development company:
- Proficiency in two primary programming languages of iOS i.e. Swift and Objective-C.
- Knowledge and experience of Apple’s integrated development environment i.e. Xcode IDE.
- Standard awareness of UI/UX design, layout design, & information hierarchy.
- Well-informed about Apple’s design guidelines and human interface guidelines
- Proficiency in Advanced code writing tools
- Working experience with Core Data or Realm
- Knowledge of Metal and OpenGL
- An understanding of APIs and API Integration experience
- Grasp of basic Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to use iOS SDK, Core Data, APNS, GCD
- Testing applications and bug fixing
These are some of the mandatory hard skills that you need to look for before hiring an iOS app development company. In addition to that, the developers should also have knowledge of ARKit 3 and Reality Kit. These skills can help to deliver next-gen experiences such as AR/VR user experience.
b) Soft Skills
Apart from hard skills, an efficient developer must also possess soft skills to make him/her culturally fit to work in an organization. Right etiquette and professional behavior also account in some way or other to experience the success or failure of the project. Therefore, while choosing the iOS app development company, consider the following soft skills of the development team that they must possess apart from their technical experience and expertise.
- Easily Approachable
- Critical Thinkers
- Ensures Deadline Success while maintaining efficiency
- Actively contributes to their group
- Good Leadership Skills
- Self-Presentable and Negotiation skills